Being part of iGoGiG means sharing information about yourself with other individuals and businesses, communicating with them, as well as working privately on your own. By default, your account is set up to share the information that we have found the majority of our users are interested in sharing. But the amount and kind of information you resolve to share, and with whom you share it, is up to you.
Here are the three main types of information on iGoGiG:
Information about yourself that you share. This information will be seen by your connections, other businesses, and organizations. This includes your profile and your contributions to the iGoGiG platform. You are in control over what you share, and you can update any of this information at any time.
Communication. We help you to communicate with other users and businesses. Some of this is exclusive, some of it is in a group setting, and some of it is public discussions. You determine how much or how little you wish to communicate to individuals or with groups.
As always, preserving your trust is our utmost priority, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
We do not sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
All data provided will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
Please read this policy and send us questions, concerns and suggestions at email@example.com.
1. Information collected by iGoGiG.
2. How iGoGiG uses your information.
3. Your information choices.
4. Your obligations as a user and/or business.
5. Important information concerning service eligibility and us department of commerce safe harbor certification.
7. How to contact us.
1. Information collected
We gather your personal information in the following ways:
4. Customer service: we collect information when you interact with iGoGiG’s application in order to accurately categorize and respond to customer inquiries and investigate breaches of our terms.
5. Using the iGoGiG site and applications: we receive information when you interact with and use the iGoGiG website and iGoGiG applications. For example, we know when you click on ads, upload content, participate in polls, install the mobile application, share content on iGoGiG, etc.
6. Using third party services and visiting third party sites: we receive information when you use your iGoGiG account to log in or authenticate to a third-party website or application. Also, if you are logged into iGoGiG and visit a third-party site that embeds iGoGiG professional plugins, iGoGiG will receive information that those pages have loaded in your web browser. iGoGiG will use this information to personalize the iGoGiG-provided functionality, including providing you insights from your iGoGiG network, allowing you to share information with your network, enabling you to use iGoGiG functionality off the iGoGiG site and serving you more relevant advertising.
8. Log files, ip addresses and information about your computer and mobile device: due to the communications standards on the internet, when you visit the iGoGiG website we automatically receive the url of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave iGoGiG. Additionally, advertisers receive the url of the page you were on when you click on an ad on iGoGiG. iGoGiG also receives the internet protocol (“ip”) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the world wide web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device (including your udid) and mobile operating system (if you are accessing iGoGiG using a mobile device), as well as the name of your internet service provider or your mobile phone carrier. iGoGiG may also receive location data passed to it from third-party services or gps-enabled devices that you have enabled. Also, as described above in sections 1.E. And 1.F., iGoGiG receives information when you access web pages containing iGoGiG interactive plugins, such as “share on iGoGiG” or “connect with iGoGiG” functionality. The connections between your ip address and your privately identifiable information is not shared with third parties without your permission, except as described in section 2.12 (“compliance with legal process”), below.
9. Rights to access, correct and eliminate information about you: you have a right to access, modify, correct and eliminate the data you supplied to iGoGiG. If you decide to update any of your information, we can and/or may keep a copy of the information that you originally provided to us in our archives for uses documented in this policy. You may request deletion of your information at any time by contacting iGoGiG customer service. We will respond to your request within 30 days of the receipt of your request. Please note that information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible even if you request its deletion.
10. Data retention: iGoGiG will retain your information for so long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to close your account, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We can and/or will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce this agreement.
2. Uses of personal information
3. User communications: many communications you initiate through iGoGiG (e.G., an invitation sent to a non-user) will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network) but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the iGoGiG website, like a request for an introduction, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information. Your contact information can and/or will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
4. Customized content: we use information you provide to us (or to third parties with whom iGoGiG offers combined services) to customize your experience on our website. For example, when you have logged into your account, we will display the names of new users who have recently joined your network or recent status updates from your connections.
5. Sharing information with third parties: iGoGiG takes the privacy of our users very seriously, and we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as described in this policy. We will also not share other personal information not published to your profile or generated through engagement with other iGoGiG services (users, businesses, company pages, etc.) without your clear and explicit consent or to carry out your instructions (for example, to process payment information) unless, disclosure is reasonably necessary in our opinion to: (1) comply with legal process, including but not limiting, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures; (2) enforce this agreement; (3) respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third party is a user, individual, or government agency; (4) respond to customer service inquiries; or (5) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of iGoGiG, our users or the public. iGoGiG offers a “public profile” feature that allows users to publish portions of their iGoGiG profile to the public internet. Your public profile can and/or will be crawled by and displayed through search engines when someone searches for your name. You may opt-out of this feature by editing your account settings; however, iGoGiG does not warrant how often third-party search engines will update their caches, which may contain old public profile information. Content distributed through iGoGiG’s sharing features and third-party integrations may result in displaying some of your information outside of iGoGiG. For example, when you post content to a iGoGiG group that is open for public discussion, your content, including your name as the contributor, may be displayed in search engine results. Or, if you have bound your iGoGiG account to your twitter account, you can easily share content into both iGoGiG as well as to twitter. We may provide accumulated anonymous data about the usage of the services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate, including to prospective advertisers on iGoGiG.
7. Polls and surveys: polls and surveys may be conducted by iGoGiG, iGoGiG users or third parties. As a user, you may be invited to participate in polls and surveys from the service. Your selection may be random and indiscriminate, or it may be based on your non-personally identifiable information, such as job title, geography, company size and/or industry. Participation in a poll or survey is completely up to you. Some businesses may target advertisements to you on the results page based on your answers in the poll. Further, iGoGiG or third parties may follow up with you via iGoGiG messaging regarding your participation unless you have opted out of receiving messages. We may use third parties and/or businesses to deliver incentives to you to participate in surveys or polls. The delivery of incentives will require your contact information, so you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information to the service fulfilling the incentive offer, which will only be used for delivering incentives and/or verifying your contact information. It will be your choice if you wish to provide this information, or whether you want to take advantage of an incentive. We will not divulge any personally distinguishable information to any third parties in connection with the conduct of any polls or surveys. Your consent to use any personally distinguishable information for the purpose set forth in the poll or survey will be explicitly requested by the party conducting it.
8. Search: we offer search services to help users of the service find products and services in their area as well as nationwide. iGoGiG search also allows users to find companies and businesses in their area as well as nationwide. We use information from business profiles to inform and refine our search service.
9. Comments, blogs, and other services: if you post comments for any products or services or on the iGoGiG blog, you should be aware that any personally distinguishable information you wish to provide there can be collected, read, or used by other users of these forums, as well as platform developers and other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. iGoGiG is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in this forum. Also, some content in iGoGiG blogs may be public and searchable on the internet. You can delete your comments at any time. However, please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other users, and iGoGiG cannot guarantee that other users have not made copies of or use the ideas and information that you share with others on iGoGiG.
10. Testimonials and advertisements placed through iGoGiG ads services: if you provide any testimonials about the iGoGiG services or place advertisements through the iGoGiG ads, can and/or we may post these testimonials and examples of advertisements you place in connection with our promotion of these services to third parties. Testimonials and advertisements may include your name and other personal data that has been provided by you.
11. Advertising and endorsements on iGoGiG: to deliver relevant and valuable ads to you and your network, iGoGiG may use your name and some personal information in connection with social advertising based on content shared on iGoGiG. This advertising may include the fact that you have recommended or endorsed a product or service on iGoGiG, connected with a company, made a comment or recommendation on a product or service, established or added content to your profile, etc., and will only be displayed to your iGoGiG network. You can opt-out of allowing your name and/or other information to be used in social ads by email at email@example.com.
13. Disclosures to others as the result of a change in control or sale of iGoGiG llc: we may also disclose your personal information and other information you provide to another third party as part of a sale of the assets of iGoGiG llc, a subsidiary or division, or as the result of a change in control of the company. Any third party to which iGoGiG transfers or sells iGoGiG’s assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
3. Your information choices
1. Accessing and updating your account information: you can review the personal data you provided to us and make any changes to the information you publish, or to the settings for your iGoGiG account including your email and contact preferences, at any time by logging in to your account on the iGoGiG application. Please be aware that even after your request for a change is processed, iGoGiG may, for a time, retain residual information about you in its backup and/or archival copies of its database.
2. Default settings: because the mission of iGoGiG is to connect the world’s local businesses to enable them to become more productive and successful, we have established what we believe to be reasonable default application and account settings that we have found most professionals desire. Because users may use and interact with iGoGiG in a variety of ways, and because those uses may change over time, we designed our settings to provide our users granular control over the information they share. We inspire our users to review their account settings and adjust them according to their preferences. iGoGiG accounts are also defaulted to allow users to be contacted to participate in polls, surveys and partner advertising. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to change these settings.
3. Closing your account: you can close your account by emailing email@example.com. If you close your iGoGiG account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no duty and/or obligation to retain your information and may delete any and/or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if iGoGiG believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of accumulated, non-personally identifiable information, account recovery, or if required by law. iGoGiG may also retain and use your information if necessary, to provide the services to other users. For example, just like email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, iGoGiG messages that you send on the service to other users, as well as your comments for businesses, product and services may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, any other information that you have shared with others, or which other users may have copied, may also remain visible. iGoGiG disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. iGoGiG does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from iGoGiG’s publicly viewable database.
4. Memorializing accounts: if we learn that a user is deceased, or a business is no longer in business, we may memorialize the user’s account. In these cases, we may block profile access, remove messaging functionality, and close an account if we receive a formal request from the user or other proper legal request to do so.
4. Your obligations
As a user, you have certain responsibilities to other users. Some of these obligations are imposed by applicable law and regulations, and others have become commonplace in user-friendly communities of like-minded members such as iGoGiG:
You must not download or otherwise distribute any information that may be deemed to be injurious, violent, offensive, racist or xenophobic, or which may otherwise violate the purpose and spirit of iGoGiG and its community of users.
You must not provide to iGoGiG and/or other users information that you believe might be injurious or detrimental to your person or to your professional or social status.
You must keep your username and password safe and confidential and not share it with others.
Any violation of these guidelines may lead to the restriction, suspension or termination of your account at the sole discretion of iGoGiG.
5. Important information
Children and minors – children who are minors and/or under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our service.
In order to help secure your personal information, access to your data on iGoGiG is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as credit card information) is protected by ssl encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the iGoGiG website. To protect any data you store on our servers, iGoGiG also regularly audits its system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. However, since the internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to iGoGiG. iGoGiG does not guarantee that information and/or data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is solely your responsibility and duty to protect the security of your login information. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other users of iGoGiG are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
8. How to contact us
4740 Green River Road.
Corona, CA 92880